January's Crush of the Month: Washi Tape Projects


It's time to wrap up the first month of 2012 & with that comes another "Crush of the Month!" So what am I swooning over now? Japanese washi tape! Seriously, how can you not love this decorative paper tape? It's like masking tape at its finest. It comes in an assortment of pattern & colors & is extremely easy to use.  Washi tape has gained popularity among the crafty world & that's because there's a bajillion things you can do with it. Here's a round up of a few of my favorite washi tape projects & sellers {color coordinated of course for your viewing pleasure}:



Aren't they all fantastic? Up until this point I have allowed myself to buy one, JUST ONE, roll of washi tape but I'm afraid this is an addiction waiting to happen.

So what are you crushing on lately?


9 comments

  1. Awesome roundup! I am crushing on washi tape too. I just used it to make striped lining for a lampshade: http://www.tealandlime.com/2012/01/washi-tape-lampshade-lining/

    Thanks for sharing these other great ideas (I have a few more rolls left to put to good use)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!! I havent allowed myself to even look at these tapes because I know it would just lead to trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I love you...I haven't even heard of this stuff! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I must get this tape immediately...these projects are fantastic and the possibilities are endless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya!!!
    So far I've been able to resist but who knows how long it's gonna last... especially with gorgeous displays like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE washi tape! In fact, I am currently using it in BrideBlu's packaging (I have some awesome black and white striped tapes).

    A great thing to be crushing on, indeed! I really want to make those clothes pins ... genius idea!

    Okay ... so let's get down to business ... ever since I saw your comment about your Old Navy shopping adventure, I have been dying to know what you saw that is "so me" ... I am so touched girlie and would be honored to shop with you someday!

    xxCat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've looked and looked for it in the stores, but I've never seen it. I guess I'll have to order online? It's fabulous, but I'm not sure I could just choose one roll? I'd want to buy every style and color...wait, I already have a ribbon addiction--what am I thinking? I must stay away from Washi tape! I must!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I never heard of this stuff?!?! I love the little pennant, I could totally do that! Thanks for the awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where do you find these things!!? i wish i was half as crafty as you!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top