How to Make Freezer Paper Stencil T-shirts

 

Pin It

Creating freezer paper stenciled items has quickly become one of my favorite crafting techniques.
So much so that if I owned Twitter the hash tag #freezerpaperaddict would be trending everyday, all day long. Then again if I owned Twitter I probably wouldn't be sitting around
decorating t-shirts with freezer paper & sixty nine cents acrylic paint.
Where is this conversation going anyways?
 
Oh yeah, on to my little stenciled t-shirts
Soooooooo the other day I discovered these little Gerber toddler shirts in my craft stash. I believe they were leftover from some shower gift I made a few years ago. 
Even though it will be a while before he can wear them {they're 24 months} Baby B obviously gets first dibs on them.
I decided to go all nautical on 'em.
 
This tutorial is a little watered down {I believe I was hungry or something and was in quite the rush to finish these shirts}. If you're interested in checking out more of step-by-step instructional tutorial feel free to check out my freezer paper stenciled favor bags I did for Valentine's Day.
 
This time instead of drawing and cutting out my own stencil on freezer wax paper I actually managed to get my Silhouette machine to work properly for me. Sans cursing and throwing of things......can you believe it? I used it to cut out a little whale and crab stencil I
bought from Silhouette's on-line store.
 
I then used my iron to apply the stencils to the shirts {waxy side down} and started painting away.
 
 
Once the shirts were slightly dry I removed the wax paper stencils
and bada bing, bada boom; new nautical t-shirts!
 
 
Sharing with friends here:

11 comments

  1. Wow, you make this look incredibly easy and there is no. freaking. way. mine would turn out that cute! I LOVE THE CRAB AND (giant) FISH (aka whale). Heh... :) :)

    Yah, yah, a whale is a mammal...still looks like a fish so it counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Being from Maryland I love the crab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are SOOOO cute!! I used freezer paper to make a shirt for myself this last summer - what a great idea to do it on a baby shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, so cute! I sense a summer wardrobe addition for my baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the beachy creatures! I'm probably the only craft blogger left who hasn't done freezer paper stenciling. I so need to get on the ball.

    I'd love if you shared these at my Show & Tell party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/04/show-tell-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a great project jennifer! i will make lots of onesies for whenever we have kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered how to do this! I love the finished look and that little crab is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore any and all things coastal and these T's are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top